Thank you for your interest in Joyent Training Services.
Duration: 3 days
This course is aimed at system administrators and operators who need to install, configure, and manage Joyent’s SmartDataCenter, both for public and private clouds. The course makes extensive use of hands-on lab work to make sure the concepts are learned from a practical viewpoint.
On completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe what is meant by “the cloud” with respect to SmartDataCenter
- Install and configure SmartDataCenter on their machines
- List the main features of SmartOS for use in the cloud
- Describe the hardware setup for SmartDataCenter
- Describe the network setup for SmartDataCenter
- Provision SmartMachines and Virtual Machines
- Customize SmartMachines and Virtual Machines
- List and use the APIs available with SmartDataCenter
- Use CloudAnalytics to understand performance
- Add a second DataCenter
- Move a SmartMachine to another node
- Backup/restore SmartDataCenter Head Nodes
- Unix fundamentals course or equivalent Unix knowledge/experience
- Introduction to the Joyent Cloud
- SmartDataCenter Technical Architecture
- Introduction to SmartOS for Operators
- System Management and Network Architecture
- Networking in SmartDataCenter
- Software Installation and Configuration
- Machine Provisioning and Cloning (Datasets and Templates)
- API Overview
- Cloud Analytics
- Common Management and Ops Troubleshooting
See course calendar
Training Course Request Form
Thanks for your interest in training from Joyent!
Please use this form to let us know what courses you might like to attend or see added to the schedule. We will contact you to get more details on how we can meet your training needs.